Tuesday - Page 39 in comp. book (Malone only)
Wednesday/Thursday - Study for Vocabulary Quiz
This week we will answer the following questions:
1. How did the Earth's structure develop and change over time?
2. What does the theory of Continental Drift state? Who came up with this theory?
3. What does the theory of Plate tectonics state?
4. How and why do tectonic plates move? How many tectonic plates are there?
5. What is the connection between tectonic plates and mountains, volcanoes, earthquakes, and ocean trenches?
Vocabulary: crust, lithosphere, mantle, asthenosphere, outer core, inner core, convection currents, tectonic plates, plate boundary plasticity, magma, divergent boundary, convergent boundary, transform boundary, earthquake, volcano, ocean basin, mountain building, density
Students will be able to identify major tectonic plates including Eurasian, African, Indo-Australian, Pacific, North American, and South American based on their shape.
6.10C: identify the major tectonic plates, including Eurasian, African, Indo-Australian, Pacific, North American, and South American
6.10D: describe how plate tectonics causes major geographical events such as ocean basins, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and mountain building.