Hello Parents and Students,
I hope you are having a great Labor Day weekend! Here is what's happening this week.
Tuesday: Scientific Investigations HW due block day (Friday for Ms. Smith's classes)
study for the quiz (use your journal including vocabulary and handouts to study)
Variables HW due Friday
Friday: Quiz, study over the weekend for the first test that is Tuesday September 13th (use your journal including all vocabulary and handouts to study)
Tuesday after school from 3:30-4:45 (or by appointment), late buses are available
1. Descriptive Investigation
2. Comparative Investigation
3. Experimental Investigation
7. Chemical Symbol
8. Periodic Table
This week we will work to answer the following questions:
1. What is the difference between an experimental, comparative, and descriptive investigation?
2. What is matter?
3. What are the building blocks of matter?
4. What is an element?
5. What are some of the elements represented in the periodic table?
6. What elements make up the Earth?
7. How can a few elements make up so many different things?
We are going to have a great week!